Per the registrar agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the contact and registrant information listed for your domain name must be made public. Using false information is a violation and can lead to the termination of your domain name registration.
However, most people do not want their personal contact information (name, address, email address, and phone number) made public in the Whois database. And, the SPAM, nobody wants that. Most people start getting SPAM within minutes of public registration.
That's where Private Registration services come in!
When you purchase Private Registration services, the Whois database lists a generic name, mailing address, and phone number instead of your personal contact information. There's also a private unique email address for your domain name — you decide to have any arriving email forwarded, filtered for spam, or not forwarded at all.
Although the listed registrant of your domain name is generic on the Whois database, you retain FULL CONTROL over your domain name. You can:
- Cancel, sell, or renew your domain name
- Control the content for your website
- Set the nameservers for your domain name
- Update your underlying domain name contact information
- Resolve any and all disputes involving your domain name
Private Registration provides a variety of benefits! It helps you:
- Protect your identity
- Stop domain name-related spam
- Thwart harassers and stalkers
- End data mining
- Maintain personal and family privacy
- Prevent your domain from being hijacked
- Shield legitimate entrepreneurial business endeavors
- Voice political and other First Amendment speech
You may not use private domain name services for spamming, violating the law, or engaging in morally objectionable activities. Violating these policies will result in service cancellation.
Register your domain name at MyInternetWebSite.com and select Private Registration!